Home - About - History


The rolling stock repair company from Simeria was established in 1869, with the commissioning of the railroad Arad - Teius, with the branching Simeria - Petrosani. It is the oldest company of this kind in the country and, over the years, it had a significant importance, Simeria being a major railway junction.

  • 2013
    With the investment program - about EUR 10 million in the past 5 years - the technical equipment was aligned with the European level, and Reva Simeria obtained new certifications and authorizations, based on which new contracts were concluded
  • 2001
    The company undergoes privatization by public bidding, the majority shareholder being SC GRAMPET SA Bucuresti. The company is 89.56% controlled by the Grampet group owned by Gruia Stoica
  • 1992
    The company is established as a joint stock company with a majority public shareholding
  • 1973
    The central manufacturing sector switches from the repair of steam locomotives to the repair of cistern wagons, building a wagon washing tunnel, a hydraulic testing station and a calibration hall
  • 1969
    The company returns under the management of CFR. The new name of the company was: "Intreprinderea Mecanica de Material Rulant" (IMMR Simeria)
  • 1961
    The company is transferred under the management of the Ministry of Industry and Construction, under the name "Uzina Mecanica de Material Rulant" (UMMR Simeria) and the main focus was the technical development
  • 1956
    Between 1956 and 1957 the company builds the second wagon repair hall with three lines on a surface of 2800 m2
  • 1946
    Between 1946 and 1948 the company builds the boiler forge buildings, with a surface of 4260 m2
  • 1945
    The locomotives sector was able to be commissioned with almost the entire production capacity, the restoration works starting immediately after the bombing. With all the troubles of the times, the process of repairing locomotives and wagons did not stop for even one hour. The work continued in open halls, with partly broken equipment.
  • 1944
    The English-American air force bombs the Workshop which suffers significant asset damage; a significant part of the locomotives’ hall, the installations and storehouse buildings, the northern part of the workshop building, the wagons hall built in 1937, the wheel-springs station were destroyed
  • 1941
    All the wagon repair works are moved to the Simeria-Triaj Workshop, the Central workshop maintaining only the locomotive repairs
  • 1937
    A new wagon repair hall and the traverser that services 12 lines are built.
  • 1927
    A wagon repair hall is built in Simeria Triaj
  • 1918
    After December 1st, 1918 - The workshop in Simeria is managed by the Romanian Railroads, receiving the name "Atelierul CFR Simeria"
  • 1917
    Preparatory works begin in the Triaj sector. The railroad connecting the central workshops is built. The production of the workshop consists of repair works for locomotives and passenger and freights wagons
  • 1884
    The railroads are transferred under the management of MAV (Magyar Allamvasutak) by requisitioning by the state
  • 1872
    The activity is expanded by the construction of a wagon repair hall, one that still exists today in sector I
  • 1869
    In January, during the construction works, the repair works of rolling stock begin with just 20 workers
  • 1868
    The start of the construction of the wagons and locomotives repair workshops, building the locomotive repair workshops with 5 lines and one workshop for repairing wagons with 10 lines and a traverser